Android Developer, Athens (Nothern & Southern) & Irakleion, Crete
As an Advantage FSE Mobile Developer, you will be part of our agile teams responsible for the development of our OMNIA Digital Banking family of products, currently successfully installed & running in Financial Institutions in countries of all 5 Continents.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for the design, development & maintenance of native mobile applications, mainly in e-Banking.
- Maintenance & extension of existing mobile applications offered by our Company as part of our Digital Banking family of products.
- Work closely with our Product Development & Client Services teams for the design & implementation of new features & services. Provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept & design, to testing & implementation.
- Preserve & optimize the quality of our applications / products, while proactively ensure the highest level of quality standards in the solutions provided to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate & talented Software Engineers with hands-on development experience, technical expertise & knowledge of the Android platform, coupled with a good understanding of mobile applications in general.
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Ones who have the mindset to innovate and the ability to prioritize tasks & meet challenging schedules.
- Professionals who are eager to learn and who apply an open-minded approach when researching solutions (without a dogmatic attachment to specific vendors, technologies and frameworks).
- Team players who can create consensus whilst also challenging ideas & assumptions.
do your qualifications look like?
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- Strong knowledge & proven technical experience of Android platform and tools (4+ years)
- Previous familiarity in Android design principles, best practices and design patterns
- Competency in RESTful Networking: (Retrofit/OKHttp)
- Experience working in a larger team with code reviews and unit testing on mobile
- Experience with code coverage, static code analysis and CI systems
- Proficiency in build systems such as Gradle or Maven (or both)
- Have high version control skills, with emphasis on GIT
- Background in mobile application security is considered a plus
- Other desired skills: Other mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Windows Phone 8) & UI Design skills
- Excellent command & usage of English (written & verbal), while working knowledge of any other language (particularly Spanish) will be considered a plus
We have a passion for our People and show it to them:
We want them to grow: We have a Career Development Framework in place that provides our People with constant feedback & personal developmental opportunities aligned with our Company’s goals.
We want them to be happy & ask them: We launch regular surveys on various topics (e.g. engagement, work/life balance) & take actions!
We want them to be well: We offer a Life & Health insurance plan a Group Medical & Life insurance with a credible international Insurance Company.
We wish that they stay with us for long: We pay not only according to company results and team/individual performance, but also according to tenure with our Company.
We want them to enjoy themselves: We have an Employees' Club which organizes social & athletic activities.
We offer a chance to work with cutting edge technologies in a team oriented working atmosphere at a truly enjoyable & functional office space! Our offices are in the southern Attica suburbs with a convenient location for both those who use public transportation (bus & tram) and travel with their own vehicle.
If you are a talented young professional and excited by the challenge of contributing to the transformation of FinTech around the world, we encourage you to explore career opportunities with us & forward us your resume via Careers@afse.eu.
Join us if you are willing to work among the best!