Android Developer, Northern Suburbs, Athens
As an Advantage FSE Mobile Developer, you will be part of our agile teams responsible for the development of our OMNIA Digital Banking family of products, currently successfully installed & running in Financial Institutions in countries of all 5 Continents.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for the design, development & maintenance of native mobile applications, mainly in e-Banking.
- Maintenance & extension of existing mobile applications offered by our Company as part of our Digital Banking family of products.
- Work closely with our Product Development & Client Services teams for the design & implementation of new features & services. Provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept & design, to testing & implementation.
- Preserve & optimize the quality of our applications / products, while proactively ensure the highest level of quality standards in the solutions provided to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate & talented Software Engineers with hands-on development experience, technical expertise & knowledge of the Android platform, coupled with a good understanding of mobile applications in general.
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Ones who have the mindset to innovate and the ability to prioritize tasks & meet challenging schedules.
- Professionals who are eager to learn and who apply an open-minded approach when researching solutions (without a dogmatic attachment to specific vendors, technologies and frameworks).
- Team players who can create consensus whilst also challenging ideas & assumptions.
do your qualifications look like?
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- Strong knowledge & proven technical experience of Android platform and tools (4+ years)
- Previous familiarity in Android design principles, best practices and design patterns
- Competency in RESTful Networking: (Retrofit/OKHttp)
- Experience working in a larger team with code reviews and unit testing on mobile
- Experience with code coverage, static code analysis and CI systems
- Proficiency in build systems such as Gradle or Maven (or both)
- Have high version control skills, with emphasis on GIT
- Background in mobile application security is considered a plus
- Other desired skills: Other mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Windows Phone 8) & UI Design skills
- Excellent command & usage of English (written & verbal), while working knowledge of any other language (particularly Spanish) will be considered a plus
We have a passion for our People and show it to them:
We want them to grow: We have a Career Development Framework in place that provides our People with constant feedback & personal developmental opportunities aligned with our Company’s goals.
We want them to be happy & ask them: We launch regular surveys on various topics (e.g. engagement, work/life balance) & take actions!
We want them to be well: We offer a Life & Health insurance plan a Group Medical & Life insurance with a credible international Insurance Company.
We wish that they stay with us for long: We pay not only according to company results and team/individual performance, but also according to tenure with our Company.
We want them to enjoy themselves: We have an Employees' Club which organizes social & athletic activities.
We offer a chance to work with cutting edge technologies in a team oriented working atmosphere at a truly enjoyable & functional office space! Our offices are in the southern Attica suburbs with a convenient location for both those who use public transportation (bus & tram) and travel with their own vehicle.
If you are a talented young professional and excited by the challenge of contributing to the transformation of FinTech around the world, we encourage you to explore career opportunities with us & forward us your resume via Careers@afse.eu.
Join us if you are willing to work among the best!