Technical Architect - Digital Banking, Athens
A Technical Architect reviews the high level business requirements and designs the appropriate technical solutions in order to ensure the proper flow and functionality of our digital banking solutions. The Technical Architect is a professional with high visibility across the organization that greatly influences the development road map and guides the development teams. Ensures that our solutions are well-architected, in modern technologies and aligned with our platform’s strategic objectives.
What will you be doing?
- Designs technical solutions in the JEE stack, other Enterprise-grade technologies & frameworks, as well as, Web Application Technologies:
- Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) 6+
- EJB 3, JPA 2 with Hibernate provider, CDI, JMS, JTA, JAAS, JCA, Jasper
- JAX-RS (HTTP Restful Web Services), JAX-WS (SOAP Web Services)
- JSON, XML
- Leads Technical Analysis and Design of Functional Features of a Project / Solution
- Reviews and Signs-off Effort Estimations.
- Carries out Research & Development of SE Technologies, Tools, Practices & Methodologies, Design Patterns, DevOps etc. as per the needs of Projects.
- Has a strong Product Management mentality and designs solutions with a technical and business scope in mind.
- Designs architecture topology in various deployment options (on-premise, cloud-native).
- Observes, shapes and protects the platform’s software architecture.
- Helps define Coding Standards & Conventions.
- Follows the Departmental Software Development Life-Cycle process and methodology and is competent in using all DevOps Tools.
- Becomes part of a team of software developers building industry leading, robust and innovative software solutions.
Who are we looking for?
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- More than 10 Years of proven Software Engineering Experience in J2EE and Web Applications.
- Has worked in large IT projects, with minimum downtime and high transactional volume.
- Competent in Design Patterns.
- Competent in Relational Data Bases.
- Competent in J2EE Application servers (IBM Websphere, Wildfly, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of various Integration Technologies (Web Services, Message Queues etc.)
- Knowledge of banking regulatory frameworks (PSD2, PCI DSS, GDPR, etc.) is highly appreciated.
- Understands how technical architecture affects both internal development and also our customers, in terms of deployment and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Knowledgeable of OWASP Top-10 Web Vulnerabilities and software engineering practices to audit, test and defend against them.
- Knowledgeable in Secure Application development and security best practices.
- Experienced in Digital Banking functionality & General Banking concepts and terminology.
- Competent in Software Development Principles.
- Able to carry out presentations both to technical teams and also to C-Level executives.
- Demanding Technical & Business Environment writing.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, technologies & tools as necessary.
- Excellent inter-personal/communications skills.
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven team player.
- Passionate about Software Development.
- Ability to solve problems quickly.
- Maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Confident working in a large company environment.
- Proficiency in English.
What do we offer?
We have a passion for our People and show it to them:
- We want them to grow: We have a Career Development Framework in place that provides our People with constant feedback & personal developmental opportunities aligned with our Company’s goals.
- We want them to be happy & ask them: We launch regular surveys on various topics (e.g. engagement, work/life balance) & take actions!
- We want them to be well: We offer a Life & Health insurance plan a Group Medical & Life insurance with a credible international Insurance Company.
- We wish that they stay with us for long: We pay not only according to company results and team/individual performance, but also according to tenure with our Company.
- We want them to enjoy themselves: We have an Employees' Club which organizes social & athletic activities.
- We offer a chance to work with cutting edge technologies in a team oriented working atmosphere at a truly enjoyable & functional office space! Our offices are in the southern Attica suburbs with a convenient location for both those who use public transportation (bus & tram) and travel with their own vehicle.
If you are a talented professional and excited by the challenge of helping Advantage FSE contribute to the transformation of financial services technology for our Clients' benefit, we encourage you to explore career opportunities with us.
Join us if you are willing to work among the best!