Selection Process / Q&A
- I want to be part of the #afseteam. How do I apply?
We are excited you’re interested in being part of our team and thus, make it easy for you to apply! If you have identified a role you are interested in, simply respond through the medium (e.g. job board, linkedin, workable). Furthermore, irrespective if there is an open position available or not, you can always send us your resume to email@example.com, or submit it through a friend currently working @ Advantage. We are always happy to hear from friends of our friends who would like to join us!
- I’ve checked your site & social media pages, but currently do not see any opening I would be interested in. How can I stay updated on job opportunities with Advantage?
We regularly post new positions and remove positions that are no longer open or have been filled. The best way is to follow our social media pages in Linkedin (“Advantage FSE” & “Careers @ Advantage”), Facebook (“Advantage FSE”) and Twitter “Advantage_FSE”). Besides updates on job openings, you will also have the opportunity to get a glimpse of daily life @ Advantage and learn about our corporate culture and decide if this is for you. So let’s get connected!
- What if I don't have a formal résumé?
Although cover letters are not a requirement for applying to join our team, we enjoy reading about all details related to your educational background and professional experience. We therefore urge you to prepare one or have one done for you, as the full picture is absolutely necessary to evaluate candidates.
- Should I send samples of my work (e.g. github, sites, apps, porfolios etc.) with my résumé?
Including as much information as possible for what we can expect from you will greatly facilitate the decision process and will help put you on the top of our list.
- What are the steps of your recruiting/selection process?
Here is what to expect if you decide to send us your resume:
- You will receive an acknowledgement email, so that you know your resume has reached us. Expect to receive this within 3 business days from your submission.
- Our Talent Acquisition team will then review your application with the hiring team and we will decide on how we will move forward with your application. This could include an initial phone screening or an on-site interview, while in case your profile does not match any of our openings, but could in the future we will be keep your resume “hot” for future contact for approximately 1 year. If however, you do not wish us to retain your data (resume & personal information) in our files, kindly inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and any time during the above period. If your skills, knowledge, experience are not related to our business (we guess that you will know if you fall in this category), we will not be holding on to your personal data. If you haven’t heard from us in this period and are still interested in joining us, please do not hesitate to send us your updated resume.
- Depending on the role, we typically conduct 2-3 on-site interviews & in some cases tests, with the full interview cycle to run from some weeks to 1+ month, but we aim for weeks, whenever possible.
- Once an offer has been accepted, we close the position and notify all applicants while those selected are sent an offer letter and new hire information
- How should I dress for my interview?
Advantage has a smart casual work environment; no need for a suit.
- How long do you take to make a decision after an interview?
Once we've finished interviewing all of the selected candidates, we try to make a final decision within a few business days.
- I submitted my application but haven’t heard back. What is the status of my application?
In the unlikely event you have not received an acknowledment mail from us, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- Do you still have a question you would like to ask?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to respond in a couple of (business) days!