As a Project Manager (PM), you will be acting as the main point of contact for all project related issues and the end-to-end service delivery for active projects. The PM has responsibility for all assigned projects and manages customer satisfaction, definition, planning & monitoring. Is also responsible for overall Infinity project team in terms of resourcing, deliverables, team member support, progress reporting and communication with Client.
What will you be doing?
- Create and manage an overall project plan (including budget, structure, schedule, and staffing requirements) for one or more engagements.
- Drive implementation by directing and motivating the project team, a team which may include cross functional departments, third-party vendors, partners, and the Client. Assist with analysis, design, and implementation of solutions for various business requirements during the project.
- Project Governance synchronization and reporting with the Client.
- Monitor multiple projects at once and report progress/changes against the plan.
- Act as primary interface with the Client regarding deliverables, changes, and sign-off on status and requirements.
- Ensure appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet the Client’s requirements.
- International travel and working at Client locations may be required.
Who are we looking for?
- Background of dealing directly with customers as well as multi-faceted, globally dispersed teams such as developers, partners, executive stakeholders.
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ones who have the mindset to think out of the box and the ability to prioritize tasks & meet challenging schedules at a top-notch quality level and always focused on our Clients’ needs.
- Professionals who are eager to learn and who apply both solid judgement & an open-minded approach when researching solutions.
- Team players who can create consensus whilst also challenging ideas & assumptions.
- Ability to travel internationally for periods of time, implementing projects globally.
What do your qualifications look like?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in direct software delivery Project Management of both small and large scale, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Previous experience in Banking, as well as in digital banking software will be considered a plus.
- Having worked in an international environment across multiple cultures is desired.
- Familiarity with hybrid software delivery methodology of both Waterfall and Agile, trending towards Agile.
- Understanding of JIRA and Confluence with the ability to monitor projects and create dashboard for reporting.
- English language, at least C1 Cambridge level.
- Project Management certification will be considered an important plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation & benefits package, including Group Medical & Life insurance.
- Career Development opportunities through challenging international projects, promotions, progressions.
- A team oriented working atmosphere in our modern and functional facilities which make everyday life at the office truly enjoyable. Our offices are in the southern Attica suburbs with a convenient location for both those who use public transportation (bus & tram) and travel with their own vehicle.
- Hybrid working model.
- Regular social / fun / athletic events.
- Opportunities to support our local community through ‘giving-back’ (CSR) initiatives.
Our Selection Process
Once you apply, your application will be reviewed by our recruitment team. If you’ve got the skills and the experience we are looking for, you will be invited to have an initial conversation with our Talent Acquisition team, where you’ll get to find out more about our company & the opportunity, while we can learn more about you.
If things go well, you can expect 2 – 3 interviews with the hiring team, after which a decision will be made.
If we are both successful in identifying a ‘match’ between us, and you accept our offer, our People & Culture team will help you through our onboarding process.
Advantage FSE is an equal opportunity employer. Our company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status, while we make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, we strictly prohibit the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of human resources related actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social & recreational programs.