As an Advantage FSE Android Developer, you will be part of our team of talented Software Engineers, responsible for the development of our OMNIA Digital Banking family of products, currently successfully installed & running in Financial Institutions in countries of all 5 Continents.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for the design, development & maintenance of native mobile applications, mainly in e-Banking.
- Build exciting new Interfaces for our Customers
- Maintain & extend our existing mobile applications offered by our Company as part of our Digital Banking family of products.
- Work in agile teams for the design & implementation of new features & services.
- Provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept & design, to testing & implementation.
- Preserve & optimize the quality of our applications / products, while proactively ensure the highest level of quality standards in the solutions provided to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate & talented Software Engineers with hands-on development experience, technical expertise & knowledge of the Android platform, coupled with a good understanding of mobile applications in general. Experience in iOS is desirable and will be considered as a plus, as experience in any other mobile platforms.
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ones who have the mindset to innovate and the ability to prioritize tasks & meet challenging schedules.
- Professionals who are eager to learn and who apply an open-minded approach when researching solutions (without a dogmatic attachment to specific vendors, technologies, and frameworks).
- Team players who can create consensus whilst also challenging ideas & assumptions.
What do your qualifications look like?
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any related field
- Ability to build mobile apps throughout their lifecycle & maintain them
- Strong knowledge & proven technical experience of Android Mobile Development
- Proficient with Java and Kotlin
- At least 2 years working experience in Android app development
- Previous familiarity in Android design principles, best practices, and design patterns (MVP, MVVM, Clean Architecture)
- Competency in RESTful Networking to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with libraries like Retrofit, Dagger2, Android Architecture Components
- Experience working in a larger team with code reviews and unit testing on mobile
- Experience with code coverage, static code analysis and CI systems
- Proficiency in build systems such as Gradle
- Have high version control skills, with emphasis on GIT and Gitflow workflow
- Hands on experience with different Mobile APIs such as Animations, Encryption, Biometrics
- Published applications on Google Play Store or Huawei AppGallery
- Background in mobile application security and performance is considered a plus
- Other desired skills
- Other mobile platforms & UI Design skills
- Excellent command & usage of English (written & verbal), while working knowledge of any other language (particularly Spanish) will be considered a plus
What do we offer?
- Career Development opportunities through challenging international projects, promotions, progressions. Trainings, Certifications, Conferences, Technical eLibrary.
- A team oriented working atmosphere in our modern and functional facilities which make everyday life at the office truly enjoyable! Our offices are in the southern Attica suburbs with a convenient location for both those who use public transportation (bus & tram) and travel with their own vehicle.
- Hybrid working model.
- Group Medical & Life Insurance.
- Regular social / fun / athletic events.
- Opportunities to support our local community through ‘giving-back’ (CSR) initiatives.
Our Selection Process
Once you apply, your application will be reviewed by our recruitment team. If you’ve got the skills and the experience we are looking for, you will be invited to have an initial conversation with our Talent Acquisition team, where you’ll get to find out more about our company & the opportunity, while we can learn more about you.
If things go well, you can then expect a technical assessment (depending on the role), and 2 – 3 interviews with the hiring team, after which a decision will be made.
If we are both successful in identifying a ‘match’ between us, and you accept our offer, our People & Culture team will help you through our onboarding process.
For more information on what life @ Advantage is like follow us on Linkedin, Instagram and Facebook.
Advantage FSE is an equal opportunity employer. Our company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status, while we make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, we strictly prohibit the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of human resources related actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social & recreational programs.