As an Advantage FSE Java Developer, you will be part of our agile team of talented Software Engineers, responsible for the development of our Digital Banking family of products, currently successfully installed & running in Financial Institutions in countries of all 5 Continents.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for the development & maintenance of the core components of our Digital Banking platform.
- Work with agile methodologies in cross functional teams for the design & implementation of new features & services.
- Provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept & design, to testing & implementation.
- Preserve & optimize the quality of our applications / products, while proactively ensure the highest level of quality standards in the solutions provided to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate & talented Software Engineers with hands-on & extensive development experience, technical expertise & knowledge of Java EE, object-oriented designs, design patters, coupled with an understanding of architectural complexity.
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ones who have the mindset to innovate and the ability to prioritize tasks & meet challenging schedules.
- Team players who can create consensus whilst also challenging ideas & assumptions
What do your qualifications look like?
- Undergraduate studies in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge & proven technical experience of the following technologies:
- Java EE & Java 8
- EJB 3.0 / JPA 2.0 /CDI
- JTA, JMS, JAX – RS. JAX – WS
- Seniority of the position offered will depend on candidate’s level of technical skills
- Technical certifications will be valued
- Excellent command & usage of English (written & verbal)
- Other desired skills:
- IBM WebSphere & App Server
- JBoss / Wildfly App Server
- Maven 3
- HTML5, CSS3
- Familiarity with unit testing and continuous integration best practices
- Knowledge of OWASP Top-10 Web Vulnerabilities and software engineering practices to audit, test and defend against them
- Experienced in Digital Banking functionality & General Banking concepts and terminology
- Kony Quantum experience would be considered a plus
For more information on how working @ Advantage is like follow us