As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our agile team of talented Software Engineers, responsible for the development of our digital banking projects.
Senior Java Developer
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for the development & maintenance of the core components of our Digital Banking platform.
- Work with agile methodologies in cross functional teams for the design & implementation of new features & services.
- Provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept & design to testing & implementation.
- Preserve & optimize the quality of our applications / products, while proactively ensure the highest level of quality standards in the solutions provided to ourClients.
- International travel and working at Client locations may be required.
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate & talented Software Engineers with hands-on & extensive development experience, technical expertise & knowledge of Java EE, object-oriented designs, design patters, coupled with an understanding of architectural complexity.
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ones who have the mindset to innovate and the ability to prioritize tasks & meet challenging schedules.
- Team players who can create consensus whilst also challenging ideas & assumptions.
- Ability to travel internationally for periods of time, implementing projects globally.
What do your qualifications look like?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge & proven technical experience of the following technologies:
- Java EE & Java 8
- EJB 3.0 / JPA 2.0 /CDI
- JTA, JMS, JAX – RS. JAX – WS
- Technical certifications will be valued.
- Prior experience in digital banking software will be considered a plus.
- Having worked in an international environment across multiple cultures is desired.
- English language, at least C1 Cambridge level.
- Other desired skills:
- IBM WebSphere & App Server
- JBoss / Wildfly App Server.
- Maven 3.
- HTML5, CSS3.
- Familiarity with unit testing and continuous integration best practices.
- Solid working understanding of Source Control systems such and Git and usage of best practice branching and merging strategies.
- Usage of CI/CD tools to assist building and delivery of artefacts.
- Code review process and practices.
- Knowledge of mobile app development environments (Android Studio / Apple XCode).
- Knowledge of OWASP Top-10 Web Vulnerabilities and software engineering practices to audit, test and defend against them.
- Experienced in Digital Banking functionality & General Banking concepts and terminology.
- Experience working with High Availability and Disaster Recovery architectures and solutions.
- Kony Quantum experience would be considered a plus.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation & benefits package, including Group Medical & Life insurance.
- Career Development opportunities through challenging international projects, promotions, progressions.
- A team oriented working atmosphere in our modern and functional facilities which make everyday life at the office truly enjoyable. Our offices are in the southern Attica suburbs with a convenient location for both those who use public transportation (bus & tram) and travel with their own vehicle.
- Hybrid working model.
- Regular social / fun / athletic events.
- Opportunities to support our local community through ‘giving-back’ (CSR) initiatives.
Our Selection Process
Once you apply, your application will be reviewed by our recruitment team. If you’ve got the skills and the experience we are looking for, you will be invited to have an initial conversation with our Talent Acquisition team, where you’ll get to find out more about our company & the opportunity, while we can learn more about you.
If things go well, you can expect 2 – 3 interviews with the hiring team, after which a decision will be made.
If we are both successful in identifying a ‘match’ between us, and you accept our offer, our People & Culture team will help you through our onboarding process.
Advantage FSE is an equal opportunity employer. Our company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status, while we make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, we strictly prohibit the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of human resources related actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social & recreational programs.