As an Advantage FSE Java Software Engineer, you will be part of our production support team of talented Software Engineers, responsible for the support and development of our Digital Banking family of products, currently successfully installed & running in Financial Institutions in countries of all 5 Continents.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for the support & maintenance of the core components of our Digital Banking platform.
- Preserve & optimize the quality of our applications / products, while proactively ensure the highest level of quality standards in the solutions provided to our customers.
- Attend meetings with clients, when needed, to investigate complicated or environmental issues.
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate & talented Software Engineers with hands-on & extensive development experience, technical expertise & knowledge of Java/JEE, object-oriented designs, design patters, coupled with an understanding of architectural complexity.
- Self-motivated individuals with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ones who have the mindset to innovate and the ability to prioritize tasks & meet challenging schedules.
- Team players who can create consensus whilst also challenging ideas & assumptions.
What do your qualifications look like?
- Undergraduate studies in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Seniority of the position offered will depend on candidate’s level of technical skills.
- Knowledge & proven technical experience of the following technologies: Java & JEE platform & Databases.
- Debugging skills.
- Familiarity with virtualization, networking, or storage.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills both by code inspection and JVM profiling.
- Technical certifications will be valued.
- Excellent command & usage of English (written & verbal).
- Other desired skills: IBM WebSphere Process & Application Servers | JBoss / Wildfly App Server | Maven 3 | Source Control Systems (preferably Git) | HTML5, CSS3 | JavaEE Architecture and Enterprise Web applications | Familiarity with unit testing and continuous integration best practices | Experience working in a Linux environment with Java
- Career Development opportunities through challenging international projects, promotions, progressions. Trainings, Certifications, Conferences, Technical eLibrary.
- A team oriented working atmosphere in our modern and functional facilities which make everyday life at the office truly enjoyable! Our offices are in the southern Attica suburbs with a convenient location for both those who use public transportation (bus & tram) and travel with their own vehicle.
- Flexible working & work from home schemes.
- Group Medical & Life Insurance.
- Regular social / fun / athletic events.
- Opportunities to support our local community through ‘giving-back’ (CSR) initiatives.
For more information on what life @ Advantage is like follow us on Linkedin, Instagram and Facebook.
Advantage FSE is an equal opportunity employer. Our company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status, while we make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, we strictly prohibit the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of human resources related actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social & recreational programs.
For more information on how working @ Advantage is like follow us